Monday, April 14, 2008

-2 144 Remaining

I kind of broke out of my mold yesterday photo-wise. I went out on a limb and bought 15 red balloons to go and have some fun with.

I dont know why it was so hard but actually being proactive and taking photos that I actually thought of and executed really inspired me and helped me get out of my "slump" as I call it. Up until now, I had mostly taken photos of things I had found and, frankly, I was tired of it.

Put simply...its hard. You go out sometimes confident that you're going to come back home with a masterpiece, but instead you get 300 photos that you don't like. Its really frustrating and quite discouraging when you get right down to it.

Also, recently I have come to the realization that, for some time, I had been taking photographs just because of the cameras I have. I collect older cameras and use them as much as I can, most of them taking 120 film. That's great and all, but I have been using them poorly. Its like a writing getting a brand new fountain pen and writing gibberish. So, I think, having realized that, I can also come out of that too and return to getting quality work.

Bleah, anyway. Here are the two polaroids from yesterday. These are my favorite polaroids I have ever taken, so they will be big. Enjoy :-)



No comments: